Perfect Pitta Balancing Morning Routine
Feb 13, 2019
How do you start your morning? Do you jump out of bed and workout? Are you a morning mediator, or the type to snooze your alarm 15 times and then rush to work un-showered (just me?). There is no right answer to a morning routine (except that snooze thing) but you can tailor it to be in line with your dosha for a more balanced start to your day. So let’s talk about what makes a good morning for Pitta.
Here’s a wonderful Pitta-balancing morning:
Pittas always have a lot going on. They have an active work and social life, so use the morning as a time to untie from the calendar, detoxify your body, and create some flexibility and flow in your day.
- OK Pitta, you actually need to start the night before. What time are you going to bed? Are you laying in bed all night thinking about your to-do list? Make sure you take some ashwagandha before bed, put some lavender essential oil in a diffuser, and breathe deep as you get ready for sleep.
- When you wake up, make a mug of hot water with lemon juice (perfect for helping your liver function better, which can get mucked up if you have too much Pitta!)
- Get out your journal and write 3 things you’re grateful for and WHY you’re grateful for it. Really feel your heart opening.
- Morning is a great time to exercise, especially if you like to exercise outside. If morning exercise isn’t a part of your routine, it’s a perfect time to simply get outside and take a short walk, or even just stand on your stoop and breathe some fresh morning air.
- My Pitta Princess - please DO NOT skip your breakfast! I recommend a filling breakfast high in protein and veggies. Try out my Vegan Frittata Recipe - it’s like a big omelet full of your favorite veggies. BONUS: you can meal prep it during the weekend and eat it all week long!
You CAN have a morning that feels great. One of the best things about Ayurveda is that everything is an experiment. Try on one of these morning routines for a week and see how you feel! If something isn’t fitting right, you can always make changes.
If you want some more personalized help in designing a balancing, energizing morning, book an Ayurvedic consult with one of our Wellth Advisors (spoiler alert…I’m one of them!).
In Balance and Bliss,
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Samantha Attard is the founder of Happy Healthy Human. A Nutrition PhD, Yoga Instructor with over 1,500 teaching hours, certified doula, and Ayurvedic coach, Samantha connects physical and emotional energy to bring healing to her clients and students. Listen in to her podcast - Happy Healthy Human Radio - and learn more about her work at BeHappyHealthyHuman.com.