The Ultimate Summer Hydration Libation
Jun 21, 2022
If you want to support your gut health with a hydrating summer beverage but don’t want a fancy recipe, this one's for you. The aloe juice in this recipe is slightly acidic, which turns the butterfly pea flower in this blend from blue to a beautiful purple color. (You can also achieve this effect from other acidic additions, such as citrus!)
Ingredients: Makes 1 serving
- 1 tsp Float Your Bloat
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup cold sparkling or still water
- 1 pinch of mineral-rich quality salt (for natural electrolytes)
- 2 tbsp aloe vera juice
- Lemon or lime wedge as garnish, if desired
- Add all ingredients except the aloe juice into a clear glass (so you can watch the color change happen) and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour in the aloe juice and watch as your mocktail shifts from blue to purple before your eyes.
- Add a lemon or lime wedge as garnish, and add a squeeze to your beverage while you’re at it!