Creamy Coconut Turmeric Ramen for the Cold AF Soul
Jan 31, 2019
You know that feeling you get when you just need a comforting dish that will warm you after a frigid day? A cozy blanket for your insides if you will. We've got the cure: NOODZ. We've created the perfect vegan ramen recipe. Not only is it delicious and warming (great for you Kapha and Vata!) but it also calms inflammation, promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut, boosts immunity, and aids digestion. These noodz are suitable for work and should be shared often.
2 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
3 cup vegetable broth
4 tsp Follow Your Gut
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 small thumb ginger, minced
1/4 tsp chili flakes
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onion (white part only, save the green part!)
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/2 tsp lime juice
2 cups shiitake mushroom (marinate in 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp Sriracha, 1/2 tsp sesame oil)
1/2 red bell pepper (also add to marinade)
1/2 cup bean sprouts
2 green onions, chopped
2 packs of instant ramen or soba noodles
1. Heat pot on medium-high heat and add sesame oil, garlic, white part of green onions, and ginger. Saute for 5 min.
2. Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, Follow Your Gut, soy sauce, curry powder, lime and chili flakes.
3. Bring broth to a boil then turn temperature to low. Simmer for an hour for maximum flavor.
4. With ten minutes left for the broth heat a pan on medium and add mushrooms + peppers. Cook for 5 min or until soft. You may also cook noodles at this time following instructions on packaging
5. Remove 1/2 cup of broth and whisk in miso. Once fully mixed add the broth back in.
6. Strain broth to remove chunks of ginger and garlic.
7. Add noodles to broth and place mushrooms, peppers, green onions, and bean sprouts on top and enjoy.
Tip: For an extra kick add chili oil or chili garlic sauce. Not vegan? Shrimp makes a great addition to this dish.
Have Apothékary recipes of your own? We wanna know. Tag us on Instagram (@apothekaryco) or email (email@example.com)